[JakeShows] Going to Maine! Plus, shows in August and September

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Jul 18 20:30:59 EDT 2014

Hey folks,

I hope you're well!  It's been a while since I've written; I've been doing a lot of traveling recently, and haven't had a chance to play or book many shows.  But this little vacation from my professional duties is coming to an end, and I've put together a nice collection of shows for the end of August and beginning of September.

In the meantime, if you or someone you know is going to be in the general Boothbay, Maine area next week, it turns out that I'll be there, too, on a family vacation.  We're planning to have a barbecue and music Thursday evening, so I invite you to come by!  Directions are below.

I also should mention that I've been asked to put together the lineup for the Rhode Island Songwriters Association's stage at the Providence Folk Festival in September.  I've pretty much got the lineup nailed down -- I'm waiting to hear from one performer -- and I think it will be a great show.  If you're interested in helping to make it happen, there's an Indiegogo campaign to get it funded at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-providence-folk-festival--2 .  I've chipped in a little money, and I encourage you to do so too!

And, finally, I want to mention that my podcast, 'Tell Me About Your Song', is still going strong.  You can find all the episodes at https://www.tumblr.com/blog/yoursongpodcast , and information about the project at http://music.jwgh.org/podcast.html .  Recently I myself got interviewed for it, about my song 'Was The Moon Too Full?'; you can hear that episode at http://yoursongpodcast.tumblr.com/post/89519258019/for-the-26th-episode-of-tell-me-about-your-song .

On to the shows:

Thursday July 24 - HOUSE SHOW in BOOTHBAY, MAINE
----------------
WHEN: Dinner probably 5 or 6ish, music after dinner
WHERE: Nason Road off River Road, Boothbay, ME

I'll be in Boothbay with family and friends all next week, and Thursday we're going to have some music.  Original music, singalongs, I'm hoping it will be a good old hootenanny!  The house is in a beautiful spot with a view of the sea.  If you're in the area, come on down.

Google Maps doesn't understand the address of the house (it's on Nason Road in Boothbay, Maine, off River Road), so I will provide the following directions from Wiscasset and hopefully that will be useful:

Approximately 1.4 miles from Wiscasset turn right onto Route 27. Travel 3.4 miles on route 27, then turn left onto McKay Road which goes down and is a difficult left turn from route 27. Continue on McKay Road for its entire length of 1.5 miles. At the end of McKay Road turn right onto River Road and go a bit less than half a mile.

At this point you will going up a hill and will be leaving Edgecomb and entering Boothbay. There will be a sign on your left reading Merryweather with a stone wall on your left. Take the next driveway, which will be an opening in the stone wall on your left. Drive in, bearing left at the fork, and park behind the barn.

Sunday August 31 - SOLO ACT; FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHEN: 11 am-2 pm
WHERE: Petersen Tree Farm, 451 Putnam Pike, Rt. 44, Chepachet, RI

I've played at this farmer's market before and had a nice time.  Come on down and get some greens!

Friday September 5 - SOLO SHOW in CONNECTICUT; OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
------------------
WHEN: 7:30 pm
WHERE: The Vanilla Bean Café, 459 Deerfield Road, Pomfret Center, CT 06259
COVER: $5

The Vanilla Bean is a legendary folk club and cafe in Pomfret, and I'm very pleased to have been asked to be the featured act at their open mike.  I'm hoping that Tracie Potochnik will be able to join me on my songs, though this is not confirmed yet.  I remember the food as being pretty good, too.  Hope to see you there!

Sunday September 7 - PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL
------------------
WHEN: noon - 6 pm
WHERE: Roger Williams National Monument, 284 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903

The 1st annual PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL will be a FREE music festival featuring some of the finest folk, acoustic and singer-songwriter acts in the RI area on two stages of music. Tracie Potochnik and I will host the RISA stage, which will feature some great local solo and two-piece acts. The music is absolutely free, but if you would like to help make this happen, please contribute to the Providence Folk Festival's Indiegogo campaign!

Thursday September 18 - w/TRACIE POTOCHNIK - UNCONFIRMED
WHEN: 7:30-9:30 pm
WHERE: The NU Cafe, 335 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA 01602

I am still waiting on final confirmation on this, but I wanted to let y'all know about this sooner rather than later so you could put it in my calendar.  But if all goes as planned:

Tracie Potochnik and I will be playing for tips at this nifty Worcester coffee house and cafe.  I had a great time when I had my last CD release party here, and I'm hoping to see you there!

That's it for now.  Hope to see you all soon!

Thanks,