[JakeShows] Empire Revue on Sunday, farmer's market later this month

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Jan 30 09:55:46 EST 2015

Hi folks,

I hope you all made it through the blizzard recently -- I think Providence got around 18-20 inches of snow.  (And it's snowing again right now!)

Now that we're going into the weekend, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and doing something fun.  If you're in the Providence area, and you feel the same way, then perhaps Sunday you'd be interested in heading over to AS220 and checking out the Empire Revue, where a combination of musical, comedic, and burlesque acts are bound to keep you entertained!

On another note, while I was housebound, I recorded a few new things and posted them online, so here they are if you want to give them a listen, or download them:

* 'I Wish That I Was Vegan': https://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/i-wish-that-i-was-vegan

* 'The Scottish Song': https://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/the-scottish-song-demo

* 'The 40 Year Old Waitress' (cover): https://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/the-forty-year-old-waitress

* 'Mick McGuire' (cover): https://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/mick-mcguire-live-with-chris-monti

That last one is actually a 2008 recording with Chris Monti.

Here are the details of my upcoming shows for the month:

Sunday February 1 - EMPIRE REVUE
-----------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8-10 pm
COVER: $8 - pre-order online: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1193427

> Duck and cover; the Beatniks are bringing back the 1950s, but you can bet with this lot it won't just be a nostalgia fest! Join us as we pump up the Comedy-Industrial Complex and put an end (even just for an evening) to winter's Cold War on our psyches!
>
> Don't be a square - peel out to AS220 and have a blast!
>
> As always, Keith Munslow will be your host, guiding you through the evening with the heppest cats in town, the Superchief Trio!
>
> Specials guests
> Jacob Haller!
> Christopher Johnson!
> Bettysioux Tailor!!
> Nick Orlatoni!
> Chris Monti!!

Saturday February 21 - FARMERS MARKET
WHERE: Hope Artiste Village, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
WHEN: 9 am-1 pm

I'll be playing for tips at the end of the market.  Stop by and say hi!

And that's what I've got.  Stay warm, and I'll see you around!

-jwgh