[JakeShows] Espresso Yourself CoffeeHouse in Medfield, and PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL!! (plus a note about Harry Potter)

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Aug 9 08:28:51 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I hope you’re all having a good summer — I’ve managed to get some good time in at the beach!

There are a couple of exciting things going on this month!  The biggest news is probably the return of the Providence Folk Festival, which is happening from noon to sixish on Sunday August 28th.  It’s a completely free day of great music, and, for the third year, I’ve been put in charge of assembling the lineup for one of the stages!

The details are below, but I also wanted to make a special note that the Providence Folk Festival is funded in part by an Indiegogo campaign.  If you have the money to spare, I would encourage you to consider donating a little something to it!  The campaign’s can be found at:

	https://igg.me/at/n5UEbCFwWSE/x/4729683

The night before the festival, I’ll also be the featured act at an open mike at my friend Eva’s church in Medfield, which I think will be a lot of fun!  They have a different theme every month, and the theme this month is ‘Cats & Dogs’, so I imagine you have an idea of what some of the songs that will make up my set will be.  :-)

Finally, this doesn’t have anything to do with music at all, but I’m guessing that at least some of you have read the new Harry Potter book (‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’), so I thought I would mention that my friend Carrie and me recorded our first impressions in a special episode of our ‘Love YA Like Crazy’ podcast.  You can listen to it at

	http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/4571824

or anyplace you can listen to podcasts.  Our discussion does include both spoilers and swearing.

With all that out of the way, here are the details about this month’s shows:

Saturday August 27 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield
       26 North Street, Medfield, MA 02052
COVER: Suggested donation is $5, or $3 for students

I'll be the featured act at this open mike that focusses on poetry, stories, and songs. There is a theme every month, with this month's being 'Cats & Dogs'. Refreshments will be served, and teenagers and adults are welcomed.

Sunday August 28 - PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL
------------------
WHEN: noon to 6 pm
WHERE: Roger Williams National Memorial
       282 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903

I'll be hosting the RISA stage. There is an Indiegogo campaign to help fund the festival; if you have the money to spare, please consider contributing to it!  https://igg.me/at/n5UEbCFwWSE/x/4729683

The lineup for the RISA stage is:

* 12-12:30 - Lisa Couto
* 12:40-1:10 - Elad Vilk
* 1:20-1:50 - Kristen Graves
* 2:00-2:30 - Jacob Haller
* 2:40-3:10 - Dave Provost
* 3:20-3:50 - Johnstone & Walcoff
* 4:00-4:30 - Terry Kitchen
* 4:40-5:10 - Allison Giuliano

I am not sure of the order of the acts on the main stage, but the performers will be:

Jen Chapin Trio (daughter of the legendary Harry Chapin)
Abby Gardner (of Red Molly)
Marc Douglas Berardo and Seatrail
Alec K. Redfearn
Horse Eyed Men
Warbler's Roost
Rebirth
Dan Lilley and the Keepers w/Amy Bedard

The MCs of that stage will be Steve Allain and Tracie Potochnik of Cardboard Ox.

So there's a great bunch of performers on all stages - come on down and check it out!

Hope to see you all soon!

So long,
http://loveYAlikecrazy.com/