[JakeShows] 'Lindsay Walks' announcement

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Nov 5 09:45:41 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I hope that you will forgive this largely non-music-related message, but I have a new project I’m involved in that I’m really excited about, and that I think some of you might be interested in!

This coming Thursday, my stepsister Lindsay is going to go down to South Carolina and start walking across the country, a trip that she estimates will take 6-8 months.

While she’s doing this, she’s planning to check in with me once a week via phone.  I’m going to record these conversations and post them online for people to listen to.  I recorded a few pre-walk conversations, and will be putting out edited excerpts until she leaves.

To listen to this project: If you already listen to podcasts, you should be able to search for ‘Lindsay Walks’ in the app you’re using and find it.  (If you can’t, let me know what you’re using and I’ll see if I can get it listed there.)  Otherwise, here are a few ways you can listen to it:

- In a web browser:

Go to http://www.lindsaywalks.com/lindsay-walks-podcast

- On an iPhone or iPad:

Download Apple's 'Podcasts' app if you don't have it already. Then go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lindsay-walks-podcast-lindsay/id1172417040 and it should open the app and let you subscribe.

- On an Android phone or device:

Download the 'Google Play' app if you don't have it already.  Then go to https://play.google.com/music/m/Ievsffc2w7hrz2fcfiiz5mtiosy?t%3DThe_Lindsay_Walks_Podcast_-_Lindsay_Walks_Across_America and it should open the app and let you subscribe.

- Other options:

There are many other apps and services that can also be used to listen to podcasts, on all sorts of phones and other devices, which many people prefer to the above options. If you search for 'podcast' in the app store on your phone, or google 'podcast apps', you should find plenty of them, and hopefully one of them will be just what you're looking for. You should be able to find Lindsay Walks in any of these apps using their built-in search functions.

If you have trouble listening to the podcast, then let us know!

If you know anyone who might be interested in this, please forward this information to them!  I’m really happy with what we’ve recorded so far, and I can’t wait to hear what Lindsay has to say once she’s started on her walk.

I’m attaching the icon we’re using for the podcast, plus a couple of pictures from Lindsay’s going-away party.  In the one with the cake, if you look closely, you can see the yellow highlighted path that she plans to take!

Thanks,
Jacob Haller
http://jacobhaller.com/