[JakeShows] AS220/Songwriters in the Round next week

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Aug 2 21:52:51 EDT 2017

Hey all,

I hope you have been having a good summer.  I’ve been alternating between relaxing and stressing out — right now I’m hopefully in the process of transitioning from the latter to the former, so I thought I would take the time to send you an update.

I also wanted to mention a side project, in case anyone was interested, though it is not music-related — my friend Carrie and I are recording an episode-by-episode series of commentaries on the CW television show ‘Riverdale’, which is a sort of trashy, dark reboot of the Archie comics universe.  We’re doing this as part of a fundraising thing for our podcast network, Ear Trumpet Audio, and, if you have seen the TV series and are interested in hearing what we have to say about it, the first episode is online for free at:

	https://www.patreon.com/posts/riverdale-1-w-13099316

I should note that we swear kind of a lot in these commentaries.

With that out of the way, here’s my one show this month:

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 9 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
WHEN: 7-8:30 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

I’ll be hosting Songwriters in the Round, and will be joined by three very talented folks: Kim Jennings, Brian McArdle, and Al Diaz! We'll each perform three songs, one of which has to be on a theme picked by the previous month's audience, which in this case is 'It's Raining’.

I finished (?) writing my song earlier this evening, apart from perhaps a bit of polishing, so we’ll see how it goes over!

That’s all I’ve got for August, but, if you want to see what other bookings I’ve currently got, you can always get the latest list at http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html .

Hope to see you around — and that the Songwriters in the Round theme mentioned above is less on topic where you are than it is here!

So long,
http://jacobhaller.com/