[JakeShows] March shows: Opening for CMonti, farmer's market, and covering other local songwriters in Providence

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Feb 24 11:21:00 EST 2017

Hi all,

The weather has been unsettlingly nice the past few days — one of those times in Rhode Island when you can see people walking around in shorts and a tee shirt among piles of snow. Actually, I might be one of those people this afternoon.  I hope that you all have been able to get out and about, to enjoy the unseasonable warmth.

In other news, I’ve been participating in a Dungeons & Dragons podcast called ‘Dice to Meet You’ for the post few months, and my character, a bard named Skullbutt who is also a cat, has been writing songs for it.  If you’re interested, the songs are collected at https://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/album/dice-to-meet-you-tales-from-the-goddesss-repose where they can be streamed and downloaded for free.

The songs don’t necessarily make a ton of sense out of context, but I think ‘Punch’ is pretty universal and is generally good advice.

I have a few shows coming up in March.  The ‘Locals Covering Locals’ show in particular is going to be pretty neat; if you have a song by a local-to-Rhode-Island songwriter that you think it would be fun to hear me sing, let me know, and I’ll consider adding it to my set!

THURSDAY MARCH 2
----------------
WHEN: 8 pm-midnight
WHERE: The Parlour, 1119 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904
COVER: $5

I’ll be opening for the Chris Monti Trio with a 45 minute set.  The show will start promptly at 8 pm.

SATURDAY MARCH 11 - FARMERS MARKET
-----------------
WHEN: 9 am-1 pm
WHERE: Hope Artiste Village, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860

I’ll be playing for tips.  Come get some greens and stop by and say ‘hi’!

THURSDAY MARCH 16 - LOCALS COVERING LOCALS
-----------------
WHEN: 8 pm-midnight
WHERE: The Parlour, 1119 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904

Bethany Killian, Tammy & Jeana, Jenny White, Chris Monti, and me will be performing songs by each other, and by other local musicians. I’m currently planning to do songs by the Adjuncts, Jenny White, Allysen Callery, The Sentimental Favorites, Superchief Trio, and Jon Campbell, and maybe some others.

I also understand that at least a couple of the other performers will be doing songs by me!

It should be a good time — hope to see you there!

SATURDAY APRIL 1 - TOO TIGHT JUG BAND
WHEN: 6-9 pm
WHERE: 3cross Brewing Company, 26 Cambridge Street, Worcester, MA 01603B

I’ll be playing with the Too Tight Jug Band. The taproom is located in the basement of 26 Cambridge Street, at the rear of the building and the parking lot and entrance are located on Knowlton Avenue.

Have a great weekend, and I hope to see you all soon!

Thanks,
Jacob Haller
http://jacobhaller.com/