[JakeShows] Farmers market in East Providence next week, plus September shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Aug 15 09:23:51 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I think I might head over to Federal Hill later this morning to get some fresh pasta. I hope you’ve got some good eating planned too!

I’ve got a few shows coming up. The one next week is at the Weavers Library Farmers Market, which I’m looking forward to, but I also wanted to give you a heads up about my two September shows, both of which I’m hoping will get a good turnout!

Thursday August 23 — FARMERS MARKET
------------------
WHEN: 4-7 pm
WHERE: Weaver Library, 41 Grove Street, East Providence, RI

There’s lots of stuff going on at this farmers market, including an ice cream social from 3:30-4:30 pm! More information is at http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/friend.cfm?curOrg=EPPLS&tEvt=5646250&tfPopup=1 .

Sunday September 16 — OPENING FOR CHRISTINE LAVIN
-------------------
WHEN: 4 pm
WHERE: The Bread Box, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 220 Valley Street, Willimantic, CT
COVER: $25

The Bread Box is a converted church with wonderful acoustics; they raise money for the Covenant Soup Kitchen & Emergency Food Pantry by putting on shows. I’m very pleased to have been asked to play a show there. You can find more information about the Bread Box at http://breadboxfolk.org/ .

I’ll be playing around a 25 minute set, opening for Christine Lavin, a great and hilarious singer/songwriter who, if you haven’t ever been to one of her shows, I would just say not to pass this one up! Here’s one of her songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ugr2nRATzY

Thursday September 27
WHEN: 6:45-9:45 pm
WHERE: 46 Underground Providence, write to 46UndergroundPVD at gmail.com for the address
COVER: $10

My friend Annie has long been a supporter of the Rhode Island music scene, and a few months ago started putting on a series of house shows in her basement. It’s a wonderful, intimate performance space; I’ve been to a few shows there, and have always had a good time. I think it would be nice to get together a good crowd for this show, and I’m hoping you can make it!

There is an optional potluck starting at 6:45 or 7 pm, and the music usually starts at 7:30 pm or shortly thereafter.

So long,
http://jacobhaller.com/