[JakeShows] Jug band show in Easthampton, MA on Saturday! Plus, podcast classes and demonstrations in Providence and Worcester

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Mar 13 10:15:27 EDT 2019

Hi all,

After my trip down to Maryland a couple of weeks ago, and to Georgia a couple of weeks before that, the weather has definitely been interested in emphasizing that, yes, I’m back in New England. I hope you all have been getting through the winter OK!

Normally I keep to my music stuff in these mailings, but I have a couple of podcast-related events coming up that I’m excited about and wanted to spread the word about, in case any of you are interested, or know someone who might be interested.

The first is this month, on Wednesday March 28, and is in Providence. It’s called ’Talking to Strangers: Interview Techniques’ and is from 6-9 pm.

In it I’ll be talking about issues related to interview-based podcasting: finding guests, drawing out ones who need to be drawn out, reigning in the ones that need that, enforcing good microphone technique, and so on. Plus ethical issues like: What if a guest asks you to make changes to an episode after you’ve published it? What if you find out they said something that isn’t true, or that you disagree with? What if you learn that a past guest is a terrible person?

The class is $50 and more information is at https://shop.as220.org/collections/workshops-media-arts/products/talking-to-strangers-interview-techniques-in-podcasting .

The second is on Thursday April 4 and is part of a free 'Open Hacks & Crafts’ event at Technocopia in Worcester, MA: http://technocopia.org/ <http://technocopia.org/> . I’ll be there to talk about my experiences in podcasting and answer your questions. I’ll also have a recording station set up, if anyone wants to try their hand at recording their own podcast!

On to the music!

Saturday March 16 — TOO TIGHT JUG BAND in EASTHAMPTON, MA
WHEN: 7-8 pm
WHERE: The Luthier’s Co-Op, 108 Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA

We’ll be playing an hour-long set at this nifty venue in Easthampton, which functions as a music store, luthier’s shop, and bar, the rare triple threat. This is always a fun place to play, and Northampton is nearby, so I’m hoping to make a day of it!

Keep warm,
Jacob Haller
http://jacobhaller.com/ <http://jacobhaller.com/>
http://music.jwgh.org/ <http://music.jwgh.org/>