[JakeShows] R.I.P. Joe Paye

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Jul 1 10:28:32 EDT 2021

Hi all,

It is with sadness that I pass along the news that Joe Paye recently died. I don’t know the cause of his death.

Joe was a refugee from Liberia, and for a time was the bandleader of the Double Decker Dance Band, an afro-beat band that I played keyboards in. Unfortunately there isn’t a ton of his music online, but I will post links to some videos at the end of this message.

The Sierra Leone Refugee All-Stars, some of whom helped to shelter Joe when he was fleeing the Liberian civil war, and who he collaborated with from time to time, posted a link to a gofundme campaign to help fund his funeral. I encourage you to donate if you can do so.

https://gofund.me/795f7a8a <https://gofund.me/795f7a8a>

So long,
Jacob Haller

Regarding the videos, there aren’t a lot of full Double Decker Dance Band songs online, but here are some clips:

https://youtu.be/SLa4L3efWyQ <https://youtu.be/SLa4L3efWyQ>
https://youtu.be/mI32l-ZZuYY <https://youtu.be/mI32l-ZZuYY>
https://youtu.be/mF15LytqpoA <https://youtu.be/mF15LytqpoA>

This is the promo for what I think was the last Double Decker show and it ends with a clip from one of his songs:

https://youtu.be/83PLDHv-B7Q <https://youtu.be/83PLDHv-B7Q>

This is a recording of ‘Come and Dance’ with Matt playing snare and Joe and Chris Monti playing guitar in 2010:

https://youtu.be/hDpGkpp12Xg <https://youtu.be/hDpGkpp12Xg>

Unfortunately Joe's album doesn’t seem to be online anywhere.