[LEAPSECS] one signature brings UTC to US

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Aug 10 07:00:08 EDT 2007

> From 2002 onwards, the summer-time period shall begin, in every Member

> State, at 1.00 a.m., Greenwich Mean Time, on the last Sunday in March.

I think I remember discussing this with Poul-Henning before. The
English version of the directive only says when summer-time begins
and ends on the GMT clock. It doesn't say anything about what clock
is actually used for cival time, just when that clock goes back and
forward.

I would guess that the wording in other languages is similarly
cautious.

David.