[LEAPSECS] ATT drops time

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Aug 30 05:07:38 EDT 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 12:18 AM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> Now one less service has to worry about leap seconds.

> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-

> lazarus29aug29,0,2466396,full.column

What a pity.

Dennis Ritchie upon one of AT&T's earlier triumphs of management
insight - the sale of Unix to Novell:

And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright. And Esau
said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall
this birthright do to me? And Jacob said, Sware to me this
day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto
Jacob. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and
he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau
despised his birthright.
Genesis 25: 31-34

Rob Seaman
NOAO