[LEAPSECS] nails in the coffin of mean solar time

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Fri Jun 15 18:47:50 EDT 2007

> Can we please stop using totally bogus arguments ?

> The chances that N future generations would use unmodified vesions

> of whatever technical designs we come up with, be it timescales

> or legal arrangements is NIL.

That depends on how bad of a job we do. Of course if we do a *bad* job
now, we can be sure it won't be used.

"Ignore leap seconds since they are hard to get right." is a solution
that ends up with noon being in the middle of the night, although not in
my lifetime. That doesn't mean I want to change time standards though.