[LEAPSECS] WP7A status and Re: clinical evidence about time and sun

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Dec 18 12:28:38 EST 2008

In message: <10573.1229588910 at critter.freebsd.dk>
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:

: In message <20081218030954.GA26396 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

:

: >http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/deltat.html

:

: I belive your LORAN-C TOC is wrong, that should be 01-01-1958 00:00:00 UTC

I believe it is correct.

Although the epic of LORAN-C TOC is indeed 1958, LORAN-C TOC followed
the 'rubber seconds' from 1958 until 1972 when leap seconds were
introduced. After that, its course is parallel to UTC without further
leap seconds.

I guess I guest to cite the US replacement LORAN-C timing system I was
heavily involved in as my source of authority here. I'd cite actual
documents, but I can't walk into Tom's office anymore to grab the
LORAN-C definition anymore...

Warner