[LEAPSECS] (no subject)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Dec 20 13:55:02 EST 2008

In message: <490A82A4-A8B3-485E-8DED-F9C8ADC894F7 at noao.edu>
Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> writes:

: M. Warner Losh wrote:

:

: > Leap-seconds, as implement, are unworkable.

:

: If so, there are worlds of possibilities short of the vain attempt to

: eradicate them entirely.

Dude, stop misrepresenting my position.

Either we kill them entirely, since they are going away eventually
anyway, or we put them on a regular schedule like leap years. The
current system sucks too bad to be allowed to continue.

Like this silly discussion, leap seconds take a hugely
disproportionate amount of time and money in the implementation of
timing systems that I've been involved in.

All the rest is polemics..

Warner