[LEAPSECS] civil-solar correlation with TI

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Dec 23 14:31:53 EST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Zefram wrote:

> Either of my scenarios still suffers from the problem that the TI-UT

> difference accelerates. These timezone offset changes would be needed

> at decreasing intervals. By the time timezones are jumping by an hour

> every year, one might expect to see political pressure for a new scheme.

> But I don't think anything would put a stop to the process before then.

My tonge-in-cheek "sunrise time" idea copes quite well with the far
future. Because it becomes normal to change timezone most days, it becomes
easy to absorb rate differences between atomic time and solar time even if
they are as large as several seconds per day. The main problem would then
be running out of digits in the standard timezone offset field...

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
FAEROES SOUTHEAST ICELAND: SOUTHWESTERLY 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE