[LEAPSECS] Cheating means more planning, not less

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 29 21:07:40 EST 2008

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In contrast to this, nobody, including you, seem to be willing to

> even hazard a guess what level of presision is required or sufficient

> for the "earth orientation clock".

Well we obviously need to know earth orientation to quite high precision
in order for satellite navigation to work, which implies that we know UT0
to fairly high precision - the surface rotates about 1m every 2ms. However
I doubt we need this information for setting our clocks.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
ROCKALL MALIN: SOUTHEASTERLY 4 OR 5, INCREASING 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7 IN