[LEAPSECS] Trying a different angle

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Feb 14 09:45:33 EST 2008

In message <alpine.LSU.1.00.0802141430140.14814 at hermes-1.csi.cam.ac.uk>, Tony F
inch writes:

>On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> Ahh, but NTP isn't just a mechanism, it mandates UTC timestamps,

>> and thus it would be counter to Danish law.

>Does Denmark have a national time broadcast service, like MSF or DCF77?

No.

I have not even been able to locate a single state owned Cesium
frequency standard.

The closest we ever got was "Miss Clock" on the analog telephone.

The agency responsible for spectrum management have made it clear
that they would not bother investigating interference on the
frequencies of DCF77 and MSF, "as they are not under our jurisdiction."

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe