[LEAPSECS] Trying a different angle

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Feb 14 11:13:24 EST 2008

In message <02D6036C-E378-42B4-8D80-DCF0A6FA4A58 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>And are you convinced that it would be better for us if the lawmakers

>did take notice of our activities? :-)

Well, to be honest, If I have the choice between the kind of cockeyed
but scientifically valid things time-scientists have come up with in
the last 50 years and politicians not getting around to dispell
1800-ish timemeasurement, I think I'll take the latter, at least it
is so ridiculous that everybody uniformly ignore it :-)

The real culprit here, and one you have to deal with if you succeed
in saving leap-seconds, is POSIX. Unfortunately, pretending that
leap-seconds do not happen on computers is just indicative of their
genius.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe