[LEAPSECS] How good could civil timekeeping be?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Feb 14 19:07:10 EST 2008

> Rubber seconds are even more evil than leap seconds.

'They are Man's,' said the Spirit, looking down upon them.
'And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This
boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and
all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for
on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the
writing be erased.'

Where next shall the Timelords turn their baleful glare?

'Deny it.' cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand
towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye.
Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse.
And abide the end.'