[LEAPSECS] 2007-12-31 23:59:60 Z (sic)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jan 1 20:15:31 EST 2008

In message: <20080101234704.GA22030 at ucolick.org>
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> writes:

: On Tue 2008-01-01T23:16:49 +0000, Tony Finch hath writ:

: > http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/leap_second_mystery/

:

: Yep, again.

:

: Paraphrasing the intro in each edition of Bulletin C

:

: To authorities responsible for the measurement and distribution of

: time:

:

: Bulletin C is *not* a workable system, it's a 19th century scheme,

: and the NTP servers of the world are hurting as a result.

:

: Whether or not you want to keep leap seconds, please update this

: scheme so that it conforms to 21st century notions of operational

: with better availability than the hpiers.obspm.fr webserver and

: verifiable and non-repudiable authoritative content.

AMEN BROTHER!

I think leap seconds are evil, and must die, but I think this
antiquated way of distributing leap seconds may be the root of most
evilness in the current scheme.

Warner