[LEAPSECS] 2007-12-31 23:59:60 Z (sic)

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Jan 3 01:31:53 EST 2008

John Cowan said:

> True but irrelevant, since (with one exception) local civil time is not

> the subject of any international treaties that I know of.

> The EU insists that its members all change from standard to summer time

> at the same UTC second

Except that - as has been covered here before - the different translations
of the Directive (all with equal legal effect) use UTC, GMT, or are
ambiguous. So "same UTC second" isn't correct.

There's also a clearer case: the Treaty of Canterbury requires that local
time in the entire Concession area is the same as that used in France, even
for those parts of the Concession that are within the UK.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Work: <clive at demon.net> | Tel: +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert | Home: <clive at davros.org> | Fax: +44 870 051 9937