[LEAPSECS] princes

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Nov 3 10:33:03 EST 2008

M. Warner Losh scripsit:

> I was told in school a long time ago this was the same reason that

> Christmas happened do late: It too was designed to not conflict with

> Hanukkah and also the pagan solstice celebrations. I have no source

> for this information, so take it with a lot more skepticism than most

> things you see here :-)

Christmas can coincide with Hanukkah, as in 2003, and it's an interesting
coincidence (if it is one) that whereas Christmas falls on the 25th of
December, Hanukkah falls on the 25th of Kislev.

--
You annoy me, Rattray! You disgust me! John Cowan
You irritate me unspeakably! Thank Heaven, cowan at ccil.org
I am a man of equable temper, or I should http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
scarcely be able to contain myself before
your mocking visage. --Stalky imitating Macrea