[LEAPSECS] choose the form

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Sep 1 16:37:49 EDT 2008

On Fri 2008-08-15T08:56:55 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

> In message <20080815060952.GA23990 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

> >Inspired by Seidelmann and Fukushima's pictorial form, I have been

> >working on these

> >http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/deltat.html

I've been working on them further, mostly on the text.
The 1960s deserve a level of explication which defies fitting onto the
plots, especially things like the earliest use of the term UTC that I
have found by Guinot in Bulletin Horaire, and the conversion of LORAN
chains to cesium clocks.

> Cool work, do I spot another disciple of the cult of Tufte ? (otherwise

> buy his books (www.tufte.com), you will love them :-)

As it happens I have photographic evidence
http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/cult.jpg
I inherited the first three volumes when our principal GUI designer
retired. In this context, however, Clive Feather might find it more
like the Cult of Skaro.

The various national agencies who send reps to ITU-R WP7A and SG7 are
preparing their contributions and responses now. The process is far
too byzantine for me to follow even in the US, let alone in the
national bodies of other countries.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855