[LEAPSECS] Pre-1972 UTC

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Feb 14 19:15:18 EST 2009

In message <499714E5.12929.10147B2C at dan.tobias.name>, "Daniel R. Tobias" writes

:

>Is this stuff all just academic, or does anybody actually have any

>pre-1972 timestamps (in documents, databases, etc.) for which precise

>sub-second interpretation is necessary?

I guess only Dennis, Ken or Brian could be affected, and I doubt they
bothered to set their clocks even to second precision.

Relevant links:

http://www.tuhs.org/

http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/index.html

And in particular:

http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/1stEdman.html

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe