[LEAPSECS] Reliability

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jan 6 17:34:55 EST 2009

> This is the part I disagree with. "Global civil time" (the underlying

> timescale for the numerous local civil time variants) needs to be

> stationary with respect to mean solar time. The requirements for

Rob,

A problem is what defines your "stationary" (what bandwidth)
and what defines "mean" (what averaging time). Or, another
way to put it, why in your opinion, are leap seconds OK but
leap tenth-seconds, or leap minutes, or leap hours not OK?
Each of these preserve, to one degree or another, the notion
of stationary wrt solar time.

/tvb