[LEAPSECS] leap second dating

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Nov 16 15:42:32 EST 2009

In message: <200911162003.aa48536 at walton.maths.tcd.ie>
David Malone <dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

: > : http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2008AJ....136.1909P

: > : http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2008AJ....136.1906M

:

: > The abstracts look interesting. Is there a way to get copies of the

: > articles without paying $9.00 each for them?

:

: I found copies through the university library - I'd guess most

: universities or big libraries would have access. They make interesting

: reading and have some nice historical information in them.

Hmmm. These papers are interesting reading. They present some of the
clearest history of parts of this story that I've seen... At least
the public story...

: Some of

: the astronomers here did a tie-in between the 2008 leap second and

: the IYA 2009. We read through these papers before writing the press

: release ;-)

Coolness.

Bummer that the original article was bogus and can't be used to
predict leap seconds better :(

Warner