[LEAPSECS] it's WP7A week in Geneva

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Oct 4 07:46:35 EDT 2009

In message <4AC88906.30505 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:

>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> "most of the times" is simply not good enough.

>Then you haven't understood the limits. GPS itself only works "most of

>the times".

The difference is, when GPS does not work, the receiver goes out of
the way to be able to detect and report this.

Using a GPS-UTC delta from memory, before we have an updated value
from the sats is just plain old bogusly wrong.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe