[LEAPSECS] POSIX Time

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Sun Oct 11 16:02:47 EDT 2009

On 2009 Oct 11, at 12:43, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> Here is my posting to the POSIX Committee (and Austin Group) on the

> requirements, summarizing debate up till then:

> <http://www.opengroup.org/austin/mailarchives/austin-group-l/

> msg02131.html>

One other practical requirement exists as a result of currently
deployed solutions.

The value of time_t must have a simple correspondence to one
of the existing broadcast time scales. For most ensembles of
systems that time scale has to be whatever time scale is specified
by the ITU-R, but as we have read, some ensembles of systems
do choose GPS time.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855