[LEAPSECS] POSIX Time (was WP7A)

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Oct 13 20:09:55 EDT 2009

On 13 Oct 2009 at 9:29, Steve Allen wrote:

> BeiDou System Time, the time scale used by the Compass navigation

> satellite system being flown by Peoples Republic of China.

> BST was equal to UTC on 2006-01-01 and has no leap seconds.

I don't know what the point is to creating yet another time scale
that differs from TAI by yet another integral offset different from
that of the other integral-offset time scales. They couldn't use one
equal to TAI or TT or GPS time? In an ideal world, there'd be only
two scales, one based on pure atomic time and one on Earth rotation
(well, once other planets are settled, there'd be scales based on
their rotation too).

And they had to use an ambiguous initialism for it, the same as
British Summer Time, which has already confused one poster here.

--
== Dan ==