[LEAPSECS] it's WP7A week in Geneva

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Sep 28 15:19:39 EDT 2009

In message <1254164464.4ac107f0211cd at webmail.unb.ca>, "Richard B. Langley" writ
es:

><http://gauss.gge.unb.ca/ITU_future_UTC_(CGSIC_49th).pdf>

Thanks.

Although I do appreciate what the context conveys, I did smile when I
noticed that the last slide mentions "GPS time" but ends with
"Only UTC can be disseminated".

I don't know if GPS or POSIX time is the most diseeminated timescale,
but I suspect they both beat UTC by an order of magnitude when it comes
to number of receivers...

Anyway, it sounds to me like the message is "We'll just thread water
until some more old astronomers retire/die"...

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe