[LEAPSECS] ITU-R SG7 to consider UTC on October 4

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Aug 6 12:02:30 EDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <E4AD08E2-540D-4068-A5D5-5E0AA6A0BFDB at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>> Astronomers on this list have demonstrated profligate willingness to entertain diverse options.

> As has the unworthy (in your opinion) computer geeks.

Um - one can be an astronomer and a computer geek. You want geeks? We got geeks of cosmic proportions.

It is the timelords who appear to find this conversation unworthy. This isn't a two-sided conversation, but rather three-sided (at least).

> What happend to the "you tell us leap seconds 10 years in advance" proposal for instance ?

Still on the table, waiting for the timelords to sit down. It's remarkable how unproductive a discussion becomes when one party spends a decade attempting repeatedly to cram through the same insipid proposal.

Rob