[LEAPSECS] The Debate over UTC and Leap Seconds

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Aug 10 16:42:59 EDT 2010

In message <20100810203732.GA4990 at cox.net>, Greg Hennessy writes:

I just did answer the question seriously.

If the new definition is that leap seconds gets announced 10 years
in advance, then DUT will depend on how good the models used to
decide the announcements are.

If the Earth does something unexpected, DUT can wander all over
the place and it will take ten years to catch up.