[LEAPSECS] Yet another time scale

Paul Sheer p at 2038bug.com
Wed Aug 11 11:30:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 09:54 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <20100811094933.GD26347 at davros.org>, "Clive D.W. Feather" writes:

> >Zefram said:

> >> Western scientists have challenged such assertions, noting that the

> >> Magnetic North Pole is on a line of longitude that passes through

> >> Canada, the United States, Mexico and Antarctica.

> >> And there was me thinking it might be on a line of longitude that

> >> *doesn't* pass through Antarctica. Silly me.

> >There's an implied "and no other countries" in there.

> Yes, typical american imperialism, obviously...

Yes, their rationale makes no sense.

And _therefore_ ???

You're all missing the point here. Which can be summarized by the
phrase: "The customer is always right."

These people are creating their own clock that,

1. will not have < 1s accuracy
2. is astronomically based
3. is not in sync with UTC
4. they expect 1 billion people to rely on, and
5. is going to meet with perfect success

At this point I would be asking who is really the stupid party.

The way I see it, the ITU has the choice to gain or loose 1 billion
"customers" of their "standard".

-paul