[LEAPSECS] ISO Influence

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Sat Dec 18 17:10:57 EST 2010

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> How many lines of code can you review per hour ?

The logic escapes me. The codebase and systems and procedures (complex and messy as they may be) have been demonstrated to function through a couple of dozen leap seconds. Any engineer is going to want similar assurances that the code and systems and procedures will function as DUT1 grows without bound.

Due diligence in system engineering should not be controversial. That the up-front costs might be less to ignore best practices, certainly doesn't mean the total project costs will be less.

Rob