[LEAPSECS] WWVB receivers, legal time, WWV

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Wed Dec 22 13:15:46 EST 2010

On Wed 2010-12-22T10:52:37 -0700, Warner Losh hath writ:

> Unless there's an authority to

> promulgate this that everybody recognizes, the new time scale would

> become the defacto legal time, most likely through a series of legal

> tests as DUT1 widens.

If that become the case then I am satisfied with the result, because
that is the way the process is supposed to produce civil truth.

Various support forums indicate that the time given by phones running
Google's Android systems is GPS time. I do not see indications that
people believe Google thus has authority to define legal time.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855