[LEAPSECS] POSIX and C (Was: Re: ISO Influence)

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Wed Dec 22 18:44:27 EST 2010

Ian Batten said:

> The same applies, mutatis mutandis, to the UK. MSF broadcasts legal

> UK time, summer time corrected when it in force.

[...]

> you can recover UTC all year around by subtracting one hour when

> appropriate.

Um, those two statements are contradictory. UK legal time is GMT (i.e. UT),
*NOT* UTC.

Checking, I see that MSF transmits UTC but also encodes DUT1, so you can
derive UK legal time by looking at bits 01B to 16B and *58B.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.