[LEAPSECS] DCF 77

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Dec 24 04:06:35 EST 2010

In message <51586AE7-0241-4330-85E4-022BB0D37CB7 at pipe.nl>, Nero Imhard writes:

>On 2010-12-23, at 23:03, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> DCF77 reception in Denmark degrades enormously due to all the fireworks

>> we loft.

>Euh... the signal is 77.5 KHz. Rather long waves. Have you measured this???

Yes.

Remember that I am somewhere around 1000km from the transmitter, there
isn't that much signal left when it comes here.

I'm not sure what the electromagnetic mechanism for the extincion is
but it is quite notable.

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe