[LEAPSECS] Bob Nelson

Joe Gwinn joegwinn at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 17:33:06 EST 2010

At 4:55 PM -0500 12/30/10, Finkleman, Dave wrote:

>Dave Finkleman

>Senior Scientist

>Center for Space Standards and Innovation

>Analytical Graphics, Inc.

>7150 Campus Drive

>Colorado Springs, CO 80920

>Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780

>Fax: 719-573-9079

>Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and

>outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.

Are you really in danger here?

I really doubt that OSD will allow itself to be used for such
political purposes as to try to settle what in their eyes is a minor
technical debate by application of political force. And OSD most
likely can tell that the arguments are fundamentally emotional, even
if OSC cannot understand the technical issues. My guess is that OSD
will sent the letter to USNO for analysis, if OSD does anything
technical.

So, it really will depend on what your immediate bosses think. While
one can provide a technical counterargument, it will makes zero
difference if your bosses don't want CSSI involved, as this is no
longer a purely technical matter, even if you are completely right.
Nor is this worth losing a job.

So, talk to your bosses.

Joe Gwinn