[LEAPSECS] Skepticism

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu Dec 30 21:19:06 EST 2010

On 2010 Dec 30, at 16:49, Greg Hennessy wrote:

> the ITU proposal

Keep in mind that it is not an ITU-R proposal, it is a draft
initially submitted by the USA and revised after that with
a slight modification (no leap hour) from France (I think, it's
really hard to be sure in the absence of open documentation).

As a body the ITU-R is definitely expressing skepticism, for
at every attempt to advance the proposed new TF.460 there has
been enough objection to keep it from getting onto the WRC agenda.

The forward force for the proposal comes from a few folks who
have managed to get their organizations to sign off on it
enough so that they could continue. I am not convinced
that the number of strong proponents and opponents is unbalanced.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855