[LEAPSECS] Bob Nelson

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Dec 30 21:41:59 EST 2010

On 30 Dec 2010 at 22:15, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Outside the usual suspects on the LEAPSECS list I have a hard time

> finding anybody who will defend leap seconds.

How many people do you find who oppose them? I imagine the easiest
sorts of people to find are those who don't know and don't care about
the whole issue. The "man [or woman] on the street" most likely
simultaneously believes that the day is the length of time it takes
for the Earth to complete a rotation with respect to the sun, that a
day always has the same number of seconds in it as any other day, and
that every second is the same length as every other one, and doesn't
realize that all three of these things can't possibly be true
simultaneously.

--
== Dan ==