[LEAPSECS] Skepticism

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Dec 30 21:39:38 EST 2010

Rather, closed shop organizations like the ITU should embrace open discourse themselves. Leaks are of minimal utility (certainly for such an esoteric topic). Changing the culture of debate would be more truly revolutionary.

There is a proposal on the table to reset every clock on the planet. This is a broadly interesting question to many more communities than have been consulted. The obvious first step is to publicize the precise wording of the proposal for comment.

Publish the draft proposal. Convene a public conference, perhaps several on different continents. Participate in the only mailing list created for this topic. Stop hiding under a rock.

Rob