[LEAPSECS] Microsoft won't resolve leap seconds

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jan 28 03:13:44 EST 2010

In message <20100128053410.GA9629 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

>In short, Windows XP comes with an implementation of NTP which

>"cannot reliably maintain sync time to the range of 1 to 2 seconds.

>Such tolerances are outside the design specification of the W32Time

>service."

Dont draw any premature conclusions from a single vendors virtual
monopoly on incompetence.

Meinberg has a pretty good NTPD port for windows servers, which as
far as I know does something semi-sensible with leap-seconds.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe