[LEAPSECS] honest-to-god copper

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Jun 7 15:38:37 EDT 2010

On Mon 2010-06-07T12:10:53 -0700, Rob Seaman hath writ:

> Or there's always "factoids", as with the truthiness of the Colbert

> Report.

I note the interesting phrasing in JSR-310:

"a time-line model that doesn't exist in reality"

This is an interesting notion of "reality" which fails to acknowledge
that it means "agreed upon conventions" as opposed to, say, physics.

In this case I would phrase that something like this:

"We choose to ignore the recommendations as written by the
international standards bodies and as implemented by the various
national time bureaus."

This is the sort of stance that diplomacy may try to correct, but if
that fails there are not many other options besides continuing to
disagree.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855