[LEAPSECS] UTC Redefinition Advanced

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Tue Nov 2 10:06:08 EDT 2010

Jonathan E. Hardis said:

> Time zones with the width of an hour are generally

> acceptable, which indicates that the public might accept DUT1 as large

> as 1800, or so.

The reason I haven't been involved in this thread up to now is that I spent
the last week in a place where apparent solar time and official clock time
were about 7800 seconds apart. It was quite curious being near the tropics
and yet at 08:30 the sky was still dark.

Yet the residents seem to cope quite happily without their world coming to
an end.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.