[LEAPSECS] Back to Basics

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Wed Nov 3 12:47:28 EDT 2010

On 03 Nov 10, at 1639, Finkleman, Dave wrote:

> ITU-R 460-x are not

> normative international standards. A normative standard can be

> referenced in contracts as a binding requirement.

I'm not quite sure what point you're making there. I can reference any document as a binding requirement in a contract, be it a normative ISO standard or not. ISO standards don't in general have any particular legal standing over and above any other document two parties may decide to reference in a contract. Could you expand on what you're getting at?

ian