[LEAPSECS] The good fight.

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Tue Oct 26 09:27:53 EDT 2010

I hope I haven't screwed up the response protocol again.

We are trying to do what several have suggested, prepare for what might
be inevitable. Naming ambiguity is a central issue.

I have sent Rob a concept paper to be presented to ISO this week. It
suggests collaboration among ITU-R, JCGM, IAU, ISO, and a couple of
other stakeholder bodies to consider hopefully more objectively the
actions necessary one way or the other.

Perhaps Rob can figure out some way to distribute it without
constipating the exchanges.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.