[LEAPSECS] The good fight.

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Oct 26 11:30:25 EDT 2010

Dave Finkleman writes:

>> I have sent Rob a concept paper to be presented to ISO this week. It

>> suggests collaboration among ITU-R, JCGM, IAU, ISO, and a couple of

>> other stakeholder bodies [...]

I'll try to find time this morning to look at this (staff meeting, etc).

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> You wouldn't by any chance have thought of adding some computer

> or telecoms people to that mix ?

A) I presume the paper presents a particular point of view. It is unremarkable for individuals sharing a point of view to coauthor a position paper. By all means join in (typically by seeking coauthorship or with a supporting letter) if you find you share that point of view.

B) The astronomy folks on this list are largely among the software professionals in our community.

Rob