[LEAPSECS] Coming of age in the solar system

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Sep 6 12:06:00 EDT 2010

In message <846fe1ddc827bb1b14a27a4a17b8865d.squirrel at mail.batten.eu.org>, "Ian
Batten" writes:

>On Mon, September 6, 2010 15:28, Steve Allen wrote:

>Whichever, I think the chances of it being done with five

>years' notice are low: once passed, a government will want to reap the

>political benefits itself.

There was a lot of noise in EU context, and that resulted in one of the
"technical requirements" for EU membership being that countries do not
f**k with their summertime, and presumably timezones, with anything less
than 5 years notice.

It's anybodys guess if UK could care less.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe