[LEAPSECS] rewriting history of Torino Colloquium

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Apr 8 09:55:16 EDT 2011

Poul-Henning, Howdy!

> What the Italians did is called "Forgetting history" which is far more common and very often perfectly acceptable, than the far more insidious charge you level.

Um, Steve's message ended with: "I suggest that anyone who wants not to forget history should grab a copy of the proceedings." There aren't any charges, level or otherwise.

> Please turn down your inner Glenn Beck a notch or two.

Steve isn't the one dreaming of conspiracies here. As with any palimpsest, "forgetting" history is the first step to the "rewriting" of history in the subject line, whether or not that rewriting is actively undertaken.

He merely mentions surprise that the site isn't in the wayback machine - that's a long way from suggesting that somebody has Mr. Peabody bound hand and paw in the trunk of their car.

You might crank up your own inner Brian Lamb.

Rob