[LEAPSECS] rewriting history of Torino Colloquium

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Apr 11 16:06:13 EDT 2011

Two comments --

1) In my experience URL's change from time to time (note the U in
URI means Uniform, not Universal).

Whether compuserve or geocities, hp.com or sun.com, companies
and domains come and go; private or commercial or academic. It
just happens. You know this. Web layouts come and go too: html
one day; asp another; then php.

There's no need to fear "rewriting history" just because a domain
changes or a URL gets reorganized by an IT department. Honestly,
how long do you think your own ucolick.org or ~sla will be around?

2) But based on your note, I cached the Torino proceedings here:
http://leapsecond.com/history/torino/

Still, please, when some day my web site or the LEAPSECS list
goes away, don't assume there's a conspiracy. It's more likely
that the ISP badly fumbled an upgrade, or I forgot to pay the bills,
or my estate has no clue what all these old files are.

/tvb